[Stoves] Riser Height and a 'Counter-Current' Woodgas Burner - YouTube Vid

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Jan 26 21:52:27 CST 2016

Paul or Julien

Based on that layout, have either of you made something in the 10-20 kW
range? There are quite a number of TLUD's these days in the 10-25 kW range
being sold in Eastern Europe, China (to a small extent) and Mongolia. It
seems this is a highly desirable power range.

I was looking at some firewood burners recently and to my surprise there is
emerging a tendency to use sawn wood (for example a foot long) standing
vertically in a stack, lit from one side such as the front. It raised
eyebrows but it is supposed to be reducing emissions at high power.

Dr Nurhuda has made several models using vertically stacked wood but nothing
in that league for power. It seems several advantages appear when the power
is high enough: the wood, relative to the chamber, appears 'small' and it
tends to act more like a pellet of chunk.

If there is something you want tested at scale, meaning size, I can do it
and report how it goes.

Julien,

It is great to see your systematic approach to these issues.