[Stoves] Cross-Current Woodgas Burner with Air Inlet Tubes Angled 45° Downwards - YouTube Vid

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:17:06 CST 2016

Hi Folks;

I heated my burners a couple of times in an oven to 200 °C in hopes of
driving off water.  However, there were some dis-quietening crackling from
the 20-tube burner when I first used it.

With the 20-tube burner, it appears that there is a bit of a squabble going
on with the jets of secondary air forcing the center of the flame down, and
buoyancy that wants the center to go up.  When I added a 15 cm riser on top
of the burner, the center of the flame became somewhat depressed.  That
could mean that there could be a rather interesting circulation pattern
going on with some secondary air going down in the center, then circulating
up with woodgas at the outside in a toroidal vortex ... or maybe it is just
a 'pigment' of my imagination.

Julien.

--
Julien Winter