[Stoves] Cleaning chimneys Re: Reducing Ultrafine Particle Emissions Using Air Injection in Wood-Burning Cookstoves

Rogerio carneiro de miranda carneirodemiranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:31:33 CDT 2016

Paul,  my comment was related to conventional wood stoves, not TLUD.

Chimney cleaning is a need in conventional wood stoves, including rocket
stoves.  Depending on the biomass quality and frequency of usage, cleaning
is more need.  Pine wood for instance burns fiercely but produces lots of
smoke and soot accumulation within the stove and chimney.

As you can imagine, cleaning up a chimney can be very complicated and
laborious.  We are adding features to our stoves that make easier for
chimney clean up.  For our middle class customers for instance, a stove
with less cleaning requirements would be very appreciated.

I would be interested on testing again TLUD + pellets  on our Ecostove .
There is a growing demand from our clients in southern Brazil to use
pellets, and likely TLUD would do well with it.

Best

Rogério