[Stoves] TEGs / SOLAR CELLS / DYNAMO / LEDs / prices !

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Thu Jun 2 17:16:40 CDT 2016

Dear Crispin,and Nolbert

          A   TEG seems to be an   expensive toy   for UGANDA , on a cheap stove !

          Solar cells will be cheaper!

         Also a 3 watt cycle dynamo +rectifier + capacitor 5000 uF to get DC will do .

            Feet powered dynamo 100 Watt  3000 rev/minute   Gear box 75 X

             .See   army surplus for tube  radio transmitters . 1950

         Night/ day problem !  PRICE problem …..

              HIGH  POWER LED info ! measurement 3x3 mm

        I tested  a 5 WATT LED LAMP 230V AC with 9 LEDS in series .  Price 5 €

       It uses after power  conversion  41 volt DC  and 0,122 Amps .

      1 power led :  4,56 Volt  0,122 Amps =  0,555 Watts

Regards

Frans

] Namens Nolbert Muhumuza

This is an interesting problem if the TEG-Powered stoves are now being used as direct power sources in Uganda. I will talk to the circles here to see how the extend of this development.

We have a social gathering organized by the Uganda National Alliance on Clean Cooking (UNACC)  called Baraza <https://www.facebook.com/unaccbarazas/>  this evening and I will try to inquire from some people in the cookstove sector.

Like I like to say; when you create One solution, you in-turn develop another THREE problems!!!