[Stoves] TEGs In-Reply-To=%3C9pc0kb1vrd6p4omok6ncg7iqig2cgfrf3j%404ax.com%3E

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Jun 3 10:41:25 CDT 2016

Dear Ron

            2.  Following the TEG theme though a little - could one save on costs considerably if you have a simple TEG that has no battery or grid connection?

Isn’t that how a Biolite stove works? Is there a batter in a Biolite? The originals didn’t as I recall.

>One would only have power proportional to the stove thermal capabilities.

Exactly. The major reason to have any battery at all is to speed the ignition and reduce the smoke during that time.

>You would probably still need a control circuit that lowered fan speed, if needed to get the right stove power level.

Perfect.

If a hand-cranked fan could get the stove running, the TEG could keep it going. Perhaps that is technically the simplest solution.