[Stoves] kgharris stove test

kgharris kgharris at sonic.net
Sat Jun 4 15:50:08 CDT 2016

Crispin,

Yes this is where the pot sits, on the four pot stands which are attached to the outside skin.

The soot formed during early high power tests.  It was one of the things which led to the reducing ring which you can see inside the pot stands.  The reducing ring helps considerably.  It was intended to direct the heat to the center of the pot for better heat transfer, but it also did something (I don't know what yet.  There is still a lot that I don't know about this stove so I believe that a lot of improvement may be possible) to help clean the flame.  Smaller rings produced too much restriction and hindered turn-down.

Thanks for the question,

Kirk H.