[Stoves] DIY camping TLUD with walnut shell fuel

Mangolazi mangolazi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 11:17:35 CDT 2016

Hi Neil, thanks for the recommendations. I think I'll get one of those cheap Chinese stoves to see what they can do. Most of them look the same so I assume they're all from the same factory. They're also rather squat - more power, less run time?

The main reason I want to throttle primary air on tiny tincanium stoves is to allow some turndown for simmering. Right now, I have to boil something first on wood gas flames and then simmer on the leftover char. It would be nice to get a long flame burn time from a small can.

I'm still amazed how so much heat can come from a tiny amount of fuel, especially compared to a campfire. Learned that the hard way, grabbing a not-quite-cooled can after a test run...