[Stoves] Fwd: Build Skills in Sustainable Technologies and Water

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Mar 24 10:09:02 CDT 2016

Clean water is a continual challenge. Over the last few years Josh Kearns
and his group have developed good water cleaning techniques using biochar.
Their systems are in use in various places. This is a great opportunity to
learn their techniques.

Tom

 <http://www.caminosdeagua.org/>

 <http://caminosdeagua.org/education-3/>

 <http://caminosdeagua.org/education-3/>

SPECIAL TOPICS IN WATER SUPPLY & TREATMENT
FOR DEVELOPING COMMUNITIES

This workshop will provide participants with comprehensive practical
training in the generation and application of biochar adsorbent for control
of organic chemical contaminants in low cost household and community water
treatment.

Participants will gain technical competence in generation of biochar
adsorbent using common local materials and tools, as well as methods for
integration of biochar adsorption in multi-barrier treatment systems that
address both biological and chemical water contaminants.

JULY 25 - 31, 2016
Via Organica Ranch, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 15, 2016
Click here  <http://caminosdeagua.org/2016-water-workshop/how-to-apply> to
apply
USD $1,250 Tuition, housing, meals
Early Bird Discount for Registrants Before March 31, 2016

 <http://caminosdeagua.org/2016-water-workshop/about> Learn more about this
course and apply

SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGIES IN ACTION:
Context, Culture and Design.

If you are passionate about earth-friendly technologies and curious about
successes (and failures) in diverse contexts, this course is for you.

This unique experience blends theory, field visits and hands-on
opportunities to participants from around the world.

JULY 8 - 22, 2016
Central Mexico
APPLICATION DEADLINE: - JUNE 1, 2016
Click here  <http://caminosdeagua.org/how-to-apply/> to apply
USD $1975 Tuition, Housing, Meals

 <http://caminosdeagua.org/about-2016-summer-course/> Learn more about this
course and apply

What Past Students Have Said

"The trip went beyond my expectations as I got to not only learn about the
technical side of the sustainable technologies but the human side of the
implementation."

- Danielle Miller

"My experience was amazing, unexpected and surpassed anything I could've
imagined."

- Tchinossanda Kandimba

"The most significant change was that I learnt how simple the sustainable
technologies are and how it can impact and affect peoples lives for the
better. I feel that we take basic resources, such as water, electricity and
gas for granted and attending this course has made me reflect."

- Aisha Butt

 <http://caminosdeagua.org/education-3/> Learn More

Caminos de Agua is a recognized leader in sustainable technologies
We believe that all people should live in a clean and ecologically healthy
environment with access to safe and healthy drinking water, nutritious and
affordable food, and secure shelter.

We work in partnership with local communities and other diverse actors to
innovate and implement open source solutions for our region in the
Independence Watershed but that can also be adapted throughout the world
without restriction or license.

 <http://www.twitter.com/>

 <http://www.facebook.com/>

 <http://mailchimp.com/>

Copyright C 2016 Caminos de Agua, All rights reserved.

You can
<http://caminosdeagua.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=4c07418e6f0713315b6399d0
8&id=38f4a60125&e=e328605f79> update your preferences or
<http://caminosdeagua.us4.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=4c07418e6f0713315b6
399d08&id=38f4a60125&e=e328605f79&c=043f9ae813> unsubscribe from this list

<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm
_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=4c07418e6f0713315b6399d08&afl=
1>