[Stoves] "Vom Pyrolysekocher zur terra preta" Workshop 11-12.06. --> Clay TLUDs

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:20:48 CDT 2016

Hi Crispin;

That sounds like fun.

I was Skyping with Mahbubul in Dhaka today.   His local clays are rich in
kaolinite.  With some sage advice from artisan potters, I think he may have
successfully built a "mud" TLUD.  Time will tell if it is durable.  I will
be helping him to write up what he did, so we can all benifit.

Some muds are better than others.  Once-upon-a-time, there were people in
China that, by chance, were living on top of a natural porcelain clay.  It
took Josiah Wedgwood in England quite a while to make a similar one
artificially.

Cheers,
Julien

--