[Stoves] "Vom Pyrolysekocher zur terra preta" Workshop 11-12.06. --> Clay TLUDs

Rebecca A. Vermeer ravermeer at telus.net
Sat May 7 10:28:23 CDT 2016

Hi Crispin & All,

Crispin:  "The long term future of stove materials is glass and ceramic‎. We should get started on those materials. Most stove clay materials are pretty crummy."

Has anyone heard of or tried mixing clay with calcium aluminate to enhance the clay's high thermal shock resistance?   My colleague and former treasurer of a seniors housing society used to work with Lafarge.  He suggested I contact Kerneos :which I did but no response to date.  Have a look at     http://kerneosinc.com/aboutus.php       .

Rebecca