[Stoves] [biochar-stoves] [biochar] Biochar Production and Cook Stove Events in Oregon During August of 2016

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Thu May 12 17:52:01 CDT 2016

Humphrey,

   Thank you for reminding me that CSAYN-Uganda will be launching an
"*East African Biochar Initiative*" (EABI) through our Climate Smart
(Ag) [CSA] Initiative / Network.

  It is good to know that three (3) Universities (Makerere, Mbaarara and
Gulu Universities) will be involved in this.

  Have you contacted the *International Biochar Initiative (IBI)* about
Membership already?
  CC: Thayer Tomlinson  @biochar-international.org

  With regards to having one of the CSAYN-USA coordinators attend the
Biochar Production and Cook Stove Events in Oregon in August, you would
have to ask either *Aishu N.* and/or *Bill Sosinsky @ Energime
University* (New York), which hosts the main "hub" for CSAYN-USA,
whether they will be able to attend the event on behalf of CSAYN-USA.

Regards,

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
   & Project Development Director, Energime University
   http://energimeuniversity.org/
   A member of The Energime Family of Companies
   "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
   Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
   lloydhelferty at energime.com
   48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754
   CELL: 647-886-8754
   Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
   Earth Stewardship consultant, Passive Remediation Systems Ltd. (PRSI)
   http://www.prsi.ca/
--
   Promotions Manager, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN)
    * LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND *
   http://csayouthnetwork.wordpress.com
   http://www.fao.org/climate-smart-agriculture
   https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6756248
--
   Co-manager, Sustainable Agriculture Group
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sustainable-Agriculture-3866458
--
   Steering Committee coordinator, Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI)
   www.biochar.ca
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
--
   Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
   President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
  -John Wooden

On 2016-05-11 2:48 AM, Humphrey Mutaasa wrote:
> Thanks for the Information and As i told you last year, we were
> launching the East African Biochar Initiative through our Climate
> Smart Initiative. This was to involve three Universities Makerere,
> Mbaarara university and Gulu University.
>
> the costs are the preventing issue, Otherwise we would have launched
> this June 3rd 2016, and it would be a very good thing to show case at
> the Oregon Meet. Other than that, can one of us coordinators of the
> CSAYN attend?
>
> Humphrey

> *//Humphrey Mutaasa//*
> *//Micro Business Development Expert//*
> *//Plot 713 Bombo road////*
> *//P.O Box 9816 Kampala //*
> *//Uganda East Africa//*
> *//+256772321736//*
> *//+256704778646//*
> *//Alt email: mutaasah at gmail.com <mailto:mutaasah at gmail.com> //*
> *//www.fituganda.com/ <http://www.unido.org/ict>/*
>
> **

> Subject: Re: [biochar-stoves] [biochar] Biochar Production and Cook
> Stove Events in OregonDuring August of 2016
> To: biocharstoves
> From: lhelferty
> CC: biocharstoves
> Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:01:02 -0400
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Paul.
>
>  I was not really considering attending the (entire) Aprovecho event,
> but was considering that you might want someone at the "Char
> Production Gathering" who is also from the "World of Biochar" ~ and
> who is (simultaneously) supporting the  "Stove community", some of
> whom may wish to better understand *why* is it that they should [more
> seriously] consider the Stoves that leave a bit of char behind.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Lloyd Helferty
> On 2016-05-09 4:16 PM, Paul S Anderson wrote:
>
>     Lloyd,
>
>     Thanks for spreading the message around.
>
>     What you propose to speak about is appropriate for the USBI
>     confernce.   The events at Aprovecho will not be like a CHAB camp
>     except for the focus on production.   Char treatments and usage
>     are more for the conference.
>
>     Looking forward to seeing you and everyone in Oregon in August.
>
>     Paul

<snip>