[Stoves] stove test

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Seifert doseifert at googlemail.com
Sun May 29 23:22:40 CDT 2016

Crispin,

 From a thermodynamic viewpoint the efficiency in the simmering phase is
always zero, if vaporizing of water is not targeted. An ideal thermally
insulated pot will not need any fuel to maintain its temperature.
Therefore a “valid physical basis” may consider the efficiency of the
insulation.

I made tests with 6 liters hot water in a 10 liter pot in a “hay basket”
(see annex). After 4 hours the temperature was still above 80 °C, so
that even cooking of beans can be finished without consumption of fuel
and without emissions.

With kind regards

Dieter