[Stoves] Fwd: Cooking should sustain life, not snuff it out

Nancy Hughes nancyineugene at me.com
Tue May 31 20:03:38 CDT 2016

After reading below, please consider donating whatever you can afford at https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/RippleEffectImages/onlinedonation.html.  “Any amount helps!“

  _____

“Household air pollution (HAP) represents the deadliest threat to women and to children under age 5, and is responsible for the deaths of more than 4 million people every year.”  HAP is a problem is many countries.  I was in China for 10 days in 1991.  The air pollution was severe, both indoors and out.

The video link was in last week’s Ripple Photo of the Week (attached) that was sent by Annie Griffiths.  I first heard Annie when she delivered the Leo Koss Lectureship address at the 2014 ASC meeting in Houston.  If you were in attendance, you were likely as wowed as I.

The service mark of Ripple Effect Images is “Help a woman – save the planet”.  Saving a woman’s life comes first.

After viewing the 05:27’ video, I was moved to ask StoveTeam about whether a donation of $50 would help by an Ecocina stove.  (Ecocina loosely means environmentally-friendly kitchen or stove; “estufa major, vida major” translates to “better stove, better life”).  An Ecocina stove costs less than a series of HPV vaccination, and may impact more lives.

  _____

Nancy Hughes, President of StoveTeam International, responded:

“Thanks for enquiring about the cost of a stove. On our website we indicate that $50 will help provide an Ecocina stove. At each factory the price differs depending upon the cost of materials and labor, and a $50 donation subsidizes the cost of the stove down to an affordable price.

In many factories there are various types of stoves so a family can choose a stove in relation to the size of the cooking space, the number of family members and the financial capability of the purchaser.

Any amount helps!

Thank you in advance for your donation

Nancy Hughes, President

StoveTeam Intl

PO Box 51025

Eugene, OR 97405”

 <http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=e14803bba1&e=7e93feae49> View this email in your browser

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b07873a04076bda72fa66831b/images/03910c6a-69bb-4bf0-8c3a-081668462d8c.png>

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=dbe1d209a0&e=7e93feae49>

Press play to watch. Video will open in new window | Ripple Effect Images

Better Stove, Better Life

Household air pollution (HAP) represents the deadliest threat to women and to children under age 5, and is responsible for the deaths of more than 4 million people every year. Thankfully, organizations like StoveTeam International are helping thousands of people by working within communities to provide safe cookstoves and reliable employment, saving lives with each unit sold. Ripple is proud to present our brand new film, “Estufa Mejor, Vida Mejor,” about the fantastic work StoveTeam International has been doing in Guatemala.

To learn more about StoveTeam International and how you can help, visit  <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=e1653a9a57&e=7e93feae49> www.stoveteam.org

Help Ripple continue to shine a light on programs that empower women and girls:

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=4b603e8e50&e=7e93feae49> Make a Ripple!

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=1c7c484a9d&e=7e93feae49>

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=d4fe0035c6&e=7e93feae49> Share

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=2e510f0e9c&e=7e93feae49>

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=6106113ac4&e=7e93feae49> Tweet

 <http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=e14803bba1&e=7e93feae49>

 <http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=e14803bba1&e=7e93feae49> Forward

Copyright © 2016 Ripple Effect Images, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1200 18th Street, NW Suite 700
Washington, D.C. 20036

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=628894e7fd&e=7e93feae49&c=e14803bba1> unsubscribe from this list     <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage2.com/profile?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=628894e7fd&e=7e93feae49> update subscription preferences

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=eece374448&e=7e93feae49>

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=1e5c0860f9&e=7e93feae49> Facebook

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=ff4cbde797&e=7e93feae49>

 <http://rippleeffectimages.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b07873a04076bda72fa66831b&id=79692400d8&e=7e93feae49> Instagram