[Stoves] Practical Stoves- Introducing The Versatile Stove

kgharris kgharris at sonic.net
Sat Nov 5 09:58:47 CDT 2016

AJH, Dale, and All,

Thank you, this is good to know.  The problems that you point out make good
sense.

Dale appears to have found a way to dry the wood in the fire, I think by
keeping the overall fire large (a benefit of the large combustion chamber),
compared with the evaporating water (the larger dry wood compared to the
smaller wet wood).  Thus the water is evaporated at a slower rate that the
fire is able
to handle.  Under stressed circumstances this would make wet wood available
to burn right away, though the emissions may suffer.  I am looking forward
to hearing more about this stove as it progresses.  Versatility seems like a
good approach.

Kirk H.