[Stoves] Tar characterization

Paul Medwell paul.medwell at adelaide.edu.au
Sat Nov 12 23:21:17 CST 2016

Hi Frank,

Personally, I'd like a little more fidelity than a TGA and
ultimate/proximate analysis (but without necessarily going too
detailed). I think some interesting models of a TLUD could be developed
with a bit better understanding of the incoming flow composition to the
combustion zone. The gasification process is not my area of expertise:
I'd need to speak with my colleagues about what they can measure, beyond
the "normal" stuff. Because a TLUD is more more uncontrolled than an
industrial gasifier, I just don't know what sort of starting range of
species we expect to see.

Cheers,
Paul