[Stoves] Charcoal from waste - home cooking or other markets? (Re: Crispin, Anand Karve)

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:12:31 CDT 2016

[Default] On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:37:41 -0600 (MDT),"Rebecca A.
Vermeer" <ravermeer at telus.net> wrote:

>Dear Chris, Crispin,
>Do you know of a successful project where wood sawdust is converted to charcoal and the charcoal processed into briquettes?

Rebecca

Do a search on the stoves website

http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/

on Elsen Karstad, Chardust

Elsen was an early contributor to [stoves] and he developed some
simple techniques for charring sawdust and then extruding the char
with clay.

Later he found he could get "vendor's waste"  which he could briquette
without the need for pyrolysing sawdust.

We haven't heard much of the venture for several years.

Andrew