[Stoves] New kind of Sawdust stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Mon Oct 24 17:02:22 CDT 2016

Dear Andrew

This is a good insight! It sort of could be seen as a centre-air outward drafting (in a radius) burner.

But in fairness to the function, it pyrolyses the fuel and has secondary air further up to burn the gas produced just like all the pyrolysers so it is not really a crossdraft 'fire'. It looks and acts like a TLUD but has zero air coming from below.

If one brought the primary air in from the sides, like Dr Nurhuda's stoves, it is the reverse direction: outside to centre with secondary combustion above. Prime does the same as Altanbek except they have the primary air coming up the centre in a fixed perforated tube. This one ‎is from above and it is down-draft preheating as well which has additional benefits.

I don't know under what conditions the airflow might reverse. That is probably worth investigating.

Based on the fire, the airflow and the combustion it looks like it is a TLUD gasifier with down-drafting preheated primary air. It is not a pyrolyser.