[Stoves] New kind of Sawdust stove

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Tue Oct 25 18:06:07 CDT 2016

Crispin and all,

 You said that you did not know from earlier mentioned TLUD-stoves with _only_ air-feeding from top.
It is certainly not the really exact type you are thinking, of but in tendency there is one.

A Top-lit-up-draft stove with only air-feeding from top (more or less) is already since years made by DEOM (France and Belgium),
I mentioned this stove, here in the stoves list years ago.

Exact the same type is available in GB, Look:
http://www.relaxstoves.co.uk/Products/Relax_Workshop_Heaters/Relax_Sawdust_Burner.asp

The space under the grate is normally filled with ashes, so that the fuel burns bedded in ashes.
By starting the stove  the first time it is recommended to fill some sand on the floor, because otherwise
the floor would get too hot.

To burn saw-dust in a "ordinary" stove (e.g. Rink Kachelthermo): http://www.rink-kachelofen.de/oefen_zermatt.html)
press some sawdust into a paper-sack (from rolls or bread)  when the stove is burning hot the saw-dust-filled sack burns easily and clean.
I do so e.g with sawdust from the circle-saw. And from the chain-saw the oblique as well as the longitudinal saw-dust/shavings.

I propose to try to burn longitudinal chainsaw-shavings (no other shavings) in a TLUD ( charcoal-making type).
I will try in the next time to burn the longitudinal shavings in my Vesto, in normal as well as in primary air reduced mode.

Interested to hear about your thoughts and experiments
Regards
Martin