[Stoves] Rapid mixing

kgharris kgharris at sonic.net
Tue Sep 27 19:17:09 CDT 2016

All,

I agree with Paul Anderson and Ron Larson.  There is good reason to question any person who's writings are as scornful as Nikhil's.  He could easily make his points clearer by cutting out the scorn, and giving more background to clarify his statements.  There are several people on this list who write with this same scorn, almost like it is one person writing under different identities.  I find his writings confused and because of distracting remarks it is difficult to follow his logic.  If it doesn't get better I think I will have his contributions sent straight to junk mail.

Not to be distracted from the purpose of this list, I have a thought about wood stoves.  A small natural draft wood burning cook stove that mixes the wood gas with secondary air in 2 cm has a considerable advantage over a stove that may take 20 cm or more.  It's a little like transistors, which gave advantage over vacuum tubes in electronics.  Rapid mixing can enable a small wood stove to burn quick and clean at both high and low power levels.  Witness the excellent numbers for the Wonderwerk TLUD-ND stove which uses a rapid Venturi mixing technique.  Combined with the user friendly power level controls, the principles used in the Wonderwerk stove hold considerable potential.  Rapid mixing seems to me to be a very good area for research.  I wonder how many rapid mixing techniques will be found over the next few years?  I intend to contribute.

List, keep writing about wood stoves, don't be distracted.

Kirk H.