[Stoves] Cookstoves in acute emergency response

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:35:34 CDT 2016

Dear Amelia,
Charcoal made from leaf litter or agricultural waste is an ideal low cost /
 low technology fuel. Being solid, it can be easily packed and transported.
The charcoal made from such material is powdery, but it can be shaped into
balls or briquettes with just bare hands or with the help of a low cost
briquette extruder. These briquettes can be given to the refugees along
with grain, flour or any other form of food.  Making charcoal stoves from
mild steel sheets is relatively simple. Charcoal burns almost as cleanly as
any gaseous fuel. You can look up a video of of the charring and
briquetting process in our web site www.samuchit.com
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)