[Stoves] Rapid mixing

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Sep 29 09:57:45 CDT 2016

Thanks alex

If you run a higher superficial velocity I would expect to see the flame turn more to the blue, but it is already blue. Is it possible the H and all what we would normally see in the ‘flaming pyrolysis’ is taking place inside the bed? That would be pretty hot, no so?

Very interesting. Great video. What’s the CO/CO2 ratio in that condition?

When the premixed air is added, what is the temperature going in? Harold thinks we should investigate that. I agree. I’ll ask Riaz at CAU.

Crispin

No, but it is produced with a pyrolysis front at a temperature (500c ish) at the low end of normal for a TLUDs filled with wood pellets. There are some unanswered ( or demonstrated) questions here. To match burn rate with a higher py-fr-tp I need to use a smaller fuel chamber and increase the superficial velocity. This will perhaps produce a different gas composition. We'll see...

Alex