[Stoves] Major case study about TLUD stoves

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 30 22:42:58 CDT 2016

Dear all,

Four co-authors have written an detailed article about a highly
successful and on-going TLUD gasifier stove project in Deganga, an area
of the Ganges Delta in India.  Please read it, share it with others, and
give consideraton about how you and your projects might build upon the
lessons learned.

*Case Study of Acceptance of Champion TLUD Gasifier Stoves*

*in the Deganga Area, Ganges Delta, India*

*[Data as of early 2016; released in September 2016]*

On the Internet at: http://drtlud.com/deganga-tlud-project-2016
And attached as a .pdf file.

*Summary:*

With field data to document earlier challenges and current success, as
of early 2016 the Deganga TLUD Project in the Ganges Delta has over
11,000 Champion micro-gasifier stoves in a small rural area.In seven
villages, between 25% and 40% of households have adopted the
stove.Factors contributing to the success include funding via carbon
offsets, attaining critical mass of households, adequate supplies of
appropriate fuel, fuel cost savings, installment payments for the BOP
(Base of the Pyramid), and stove maintenance services.Unique to this
project, and very well received by the households, is the creation of
household income from the sales of charcoal byproducts produced in the
stove while cooking.Similar results should be possible in other
communities in developing societies.

Speaking personally, I have wanted this type of result for many many
years.  I thank my co-authors for making it happen.  Now we can look
forward to replications and variations of this study to provide the
quality of TLUD gasifier stoves wherever needed around the world.

Email:psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:www.drtlud.com