[Stoves] FA vs ND in TLUD stoves -- not what you might expect about cost

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:03:00 CDT 2017

Crispin, Paul:

Are FA stoves more amenable to control and hence more convenient in cooks'
views (subject to fuel, meals, pots diversity, etc.)?

If so, no further debate necessary as to other metrics.

It's not Crispin's job to convince Paul nor Paul's to convince Crispin. FA
and ND will find their niches if stovers stop arguing about technologies in
isolation from the geography and the demographics of cooking.

Still waiting.

Paul: all (controllable) power to you if FA TLUDs are more convenient.

Crispin: 3We is better than -1We power only if there is no grid (or a
reliable one). The question I have is, why haven't FA stoves captured even
1% of the household cooking market in 30 years of this list's existence? If
this is more difficult than rocket science, go to NASA; it's going to have
much more money than EPA.

Please stop boiling water. Unnecessary increase in GHG emissions.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(India +91) 909 995 2080
*Skype: nikhildesai888*