[Stoves] Interesting re-analysis of exposure to CO and its effects

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Aug 10 06:27:36 CDT 2017

Dear Friends

This is a 2 year old poster that has some surprising outcomes of an investigation into the EPA's claims for what constitutes a safe level of CO.

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Donnay-SOT-2015-poster-final-1.pdf <http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Donnay-SOT-2015-poster-final-1.pdf%20>

It is a review of the key 'angina' paper used by the EPA relied on in 2011 when, you may recall, the allowable concentration limit was lowered. "Primary consideration was given" to one paper on men with angina. The main point seems to be that the conclusions are "contradicted by their methods and results".

One hour exposure by men with angina (at rest) to 35-357 ppm CO showed no significant effect on angina when exercising in clean air afterwards. That's amazing.

The author looks closely at the paper upon which the EPA relied to set the current 24 hr limit. I wish I had done so at the time.