[Stoves] Biomass briquetting tangents

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 08:08:42 CDT 2017

Andrew:

How true. Thank you for courageous words.

The cynic in me would readily apply this to various self-promotional and
grant/fund-raising efforts as well.

Same with manufactured facts. And global promises of the Next Coming of
Saviour Stoves.

Which is why I welcome Sujoy's suggestion - "to look at "rates of adoption"
and "continuity of use" of cook stoves for communities which have had
interventions by producers and non-profits with local stoves and those that
have received interventions by regional / international companies with
tested and standardised stoves."

The new D-Lab/MIT product is marketed as -  "handbook is focused on helping
to improve the design, usability, and performance of biomass cookstoves" -
with very little factual basis for what has determined usability and
performance in the past.

Those who refuse to learn from history can make and take fuel-free,
cook-free, context-free promises. We need a technical and financial audit
of this whole enterprise in the last seven years before the October
jumboree.

Nikhil