[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 84, Issue 16

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 03:29:31 CDT 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 06:48, cliff jarrell <cliffjarrell at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> what i know is that my friend has now four improved stoves in his school.
> they burn just a fraction of the wood he burned before and there is almost
> no smoke produced.   before his walls and ceiling in the cooking area were
> black with soot.   i don't know about measurements, but i know what my eye
> can see.  the difference is clear.  cliff jarrell, port harcourt, nigeria

Cliff can you tell us more about the stoves and how they are used?

Lacking instruments to measure pollution (other than carbon monoxide
monitors in some homes) its only visual evidence like you witnessed
that we can relate changes to. In UK pub ceilings were stained yellow
from tobacco smoke, nowadays one does not see this similarly in
peoples homes the decoration was stained but most people do not smoke
in their homes now, in fact smokers now account for only 20% of the
population.

Andrew