[Stoves] Wood-fired masonry heaters - training

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Aug 20 13:49:46 CDT 2017

Dear Andrew

The Condar uses a 100mm diameter filter.

The links below are to ambient air machines - 1 mg limit which is pretty low. It would require a significant amount of dilution to bring it under that limit.

The Condar works using ambient air as a dilutant, so the ambient level has to be really low. Really good stoves are so clean the diluting air has to be either very good or filtered. As LBNL found out in Ulaanbaatar, even a HEPA filter is not as good as a top line stove at removing PM.

I am discussing a new approach using the Condar that will remove the need for dilution. It samples with a small tube maintaining a standard 'pull' from a pump. The automated ones have an electronic pressure sensor/compensator on the pump to keep it very constant. There are a couple of ways it can be done. The Dusttrak uses such a system, diluting (sheathing, actually) using the incoming gases which it first filters.

Would one of you care to expand on this Condar with a few pointers?

I've been considering inexpensive sensors for background levels and their variation as well as direct testing

http://tinyurl.com/y8cmwmxv

http://tinyurl.com/y8zfhzjw

This is from Aliexpress which seems to be the retail arm of alibaba.

Andrew