[Stoves] Principal component questions

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Wed Aug 23 10:57:52 CDT 2017

Dear Philip, Stovers,

I’m thinking the ‘hockey stick’ is a prediction of the future  (or past) response. This goal is determining what test (and the parameter they show) are relevant to a successful burn. You can’t slide a block of wood into a rocket stove and expect it to burn. Nor a bag of sawdust so  measuring size of fuel useful and then coming up with the best size to use along with upper and lower limits. This done testing one stove with many different fuels. All with different constituent concentrations to tease out the values at the boundaries of good burn. All done on a dry weight basis.  All using wild fuels. The stove now has a sheet of paper included with the upper and lower values required from the fuel for a successful burn. Next is looking for the places where the fuel exists.

We need to start with controlling the fuel. We can do that by testing in one location with their biomass and see how much cleaner the air is using a super advanced stove but those results are not good for any other place. All the air quality and health benefits reported using advanced stoves are meaningless - > unless the fuel used is controlled.  How do we do that?

Regards

Frank

fShields at keithdaycompany.com

franke at cruzio.com