[Stoves] ANALYSIS OF A TOP LIT UPDRAFT GASIFICATION SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR GREENHOUSES AND HOTHOUSES

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Tue Aug 29 16:18:35 CDT 2017

Dear Roberto and Stovers,

It is an interesting design that preheats the secondary air and gives it some velocity. I would think the flame front would be hard to keep uniform with the obstruction in the center. They also mention that the packed fuel is best when there is 70% porosity for achieving the proper airflow. Determining Bulk Density and Particle Density this can easily be determined. I’m also thinking adding in carbon densities may also be useful to determine the energy in the primary flow. They mention the size best being 40 - 50 mm chopped. So I am thinking more ‘cube like’. shaped particles. Otherwise the size is not a good measure to estimate porosity because shape will have more to so with porosity than size. They also mention moisture as being important.

So just in this article we have a list of important measurements for the fuel useful if we want to optimize the combustion and as indicator of the stoves usefulness in a different location. Also what pre-prep may be required of the biomass at hand to be used in this stove.

Regards

Frank

> On Aug 29, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Roberto Poehlmann <roberto.poehlmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> This is an interesting work done in Bulgaria about Tlud stoves for heating greenhouses and generate biochar:
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Edmond_Maican/publication/309380324_Poster_Edmond_Maican/links/580c96b708ae2cb3a5da72e5/Poster-Edmond-Maican.pdf?origin=publication_detail <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Edmond_Maican/publication/309380324_Poster_Edmond_Maican/links/580c96b708ae2cb3a5da72e5/Poster-Edmond-Maican.pdf?origin=publication_detail>
>
> https://sgemworld.at/sgemlib/spip.php?article7750 <https://sgemworld.at/sgemlib/spip.php?article7750>
>
> It has an interesting design for mixing secondary Air with the syngas.
>
> Cheers
> Roberto Poehlmann
> Valdivia, Chile
>

> --