[Stoves] Air pollution and life expectency (previously was (no subject) )

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 03:06:22 CST 2017

> But that is off-topic. To me, the constituents of PM2.5 are hugely
> important, beginning with SO2 and PAHs. EPA chose equitoxicity assumption so
> it can cook up justification for every new rule after it no longer had "acid
> rain" monster to market.

Whilst being UK centric and relating to diesel exhaust plus a bit of
blurring between NOx and particulates some explanation is given for
lumping all PM 2.5 into the measurements.

The thing is as I understand it PM2.5 from naturally aspirated biomass
stoves are bound to contain Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds and thus
likely to be in the more damaging class of particulates?

Andrew