[Stoves] China and cookstoves [Was Re: A user-centered, iterative engineering approach for advanced biomass cookstove design and development]

Michael N Trevor mntrevor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 17:00:07 CST 2017

In support of Todd, I really like TLUDS in theory.  However, here in the
Marshall Islands I have not seen a single person
adopt or try one except myself and family. Even then that is only
occasionally. Over 1500 rocket stoves have been distributed and I believe
well accepted. The biggest concern is among those who did get.

I believe those who use open fires are used to and familiar with feeding
fuel anyway. It is my opinion both have their advantages and the rocket
stove it an important and critical step to move on the TLUDs.