[Stoves] "Those of us who believe that the WBT is critical to stove improvement"

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Thu Dec 7 16:14:14 CST 2017

On 7 Dec 2017 at 19:26, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:

> It is a emissions and fuel efficiency test and everyone was 'cheating'
> (from my perspective as a writer) because the authors and test
> administrators allowed it.

The authors and perpetrators of this fake test by design were, presumably
in cahoots with car manufacturers, engaged in cheating the motorist by
design of these tests, even without the manufacturers taking a bad joke
even further, risking exposing the whole scam.

The main consumer (hapless motorist) complaint about these tests was and
still is, because in two whole decades they still show no signs of
correcting it, that the manufacturers claimed MPG figures were mostly
wild exagerations of what even the most economy minded driver could ever
possibly achieve on the road, sometimes out by as much as 20mpg mostly on
the smaller supposedly economy cars.  A motoring magazine exposed this
scam quite well, but got one important detail wrong when it claimed that
the tax man was also being cheated because he was awarding lower road
fund licence charges to the cars on the basis of false economy claims.
But it shouldn't have taken much arithmetic to realise that the tax man
gave away in this way far less on average than they took from the
motorist who still had to buy a lot more fuel over the year than the
amount the manufacturers claimed he would, to an amount certainly greater
than the rebate on the road fund licence, as road fuel price in europe at
least is mostly tax!

It's called having your cake and eating it.  The EC in cahoots with a
willing car industry bilks only the motorist, while simultaneously faking
its green credentials for supposedly rewarding economy motivated
motorists with one hand while robbing them more with the other.  The oil
industry is happy as it suffers little downturn in fuel sold at the
pumps, so the whole gvt/corporate mafiosi wins at the motorists sole
expense who is lied to by both in unison.  AND consumer amnesia ensured
that very quickly no one can apparently remember when this new normal was
not so.  At the point where I finally caught up with a secondhand car
that gave me far less MPG than I recorded, everyone I spoke too expressed
disbelief that I should imagine it could be any other way round, and it
had always been so, whereas in my previous 40 years of motoring it had
been no effort whatsoever to always do significantly better than the gvt
figures.

And as Crispin points out you have essentially much the same sort of scam
being worked by GACC insisting on its non real world test that suits its
purpose of disadvantaging solid fuel stoves to the point of their
eventual outlawing so that the oil industry can monopolise the market
with its LPG. Actually create a market in fact where none previously
existed! If in cahoots with gvts, of which it is a mere instrument, it
can force the richer countries to subsidise the poorer countries
consumption of LPG, then why should they care who pays as long as someone
does?  But beyond mere profit motives, and creating markets out of
nothing while ruthlessly suppressing and criminalising the more
empowering free or cheap alternatives, whether that be in medicine or
cooking fuel, the most important agenda is control of populations through
the artificial maintenance of scarcity, and biomass is free for the
picking up up whereas LPG is totally controlled.  Ih Cheng just revealed
to us how the Chinese authorities pounced on anyone cooking with biomass
in the home at a time when every village and town was supposed to be
making steel, as if!  In between ploughing to a depth of 2 metres and
planting seeds way too close together.  There the crudity of the
intention to destroy an economy and murder a population seems inescapably
clear, since if anyone really could be that breathtakingly stupid for
real, how on earth could they get put in charge of anything, but in the
west they are just more sophisticated, only because they have to be to
successfully pull the wool, that's all.  Even so, it doesn't take a
genius to work these things out, and nothing like ploughing as far as 2
metres below the surface to discover.

Neil Taylor