[Stoves] Going back to 3-Stone Fire [Was Re: China and cookstoves]

Xavier Brandao xav.brandao at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:54:59 CST 2017

Hello Frank,

Ahah, there is indeed a pattern, you might have noticed it is usually the following:

1.  Someone, usually Ron or a member of the GACC, EPA, Aprovecho, D-Lab or Winrock, innocently drops « WBT is a great protocol to make stove improvements » or « you know, there are many supporters of the WBT », somewhere in a post, a handbook or a toolkit

2.  Then, some of us howls in indignation, especially me. I start to rant and sound like a broken record. Then I hand over, once again, the pile of evidence, and ask some very simple straightforward questions.

3.  Suddenly the one in 1. very kindly tells me, in a « ho-it-would-be-so-great-to-have-you-there » fashion, to:

a.  Join the ISO-TC 285 discussions

b.  Join a certain conference in the United States

c.  Or becomes suddenly completely mute

Often it is a., b. then c.

4.  Then a few months pass by, and one beautiful day, we are back to step 1.

At this point it’s not a rabbit hole, it’s more like a rabbit loop, a rabbit loophole.

Best,

Xavier