[Stoves] News of Burning Opportunity - to compute DALYs and sell aDALYs

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Fri Dec 8 20:24:20 CST 2017

Dear Nikhil

I see the opportunities you are pointing out. One of my sons lives in So Cal and he said yesterday there was ash falling from the sky in Santa Barbara. One of the VP’s at work lost his house to the ground slab this week past, and one employee died so far in the fires.

Whoever dies for any reason this month in California before the age of 86 will have the forest fire smoke attributed to be a contributing cause of premature death.  Deaths are avoidable, right?

Well…..by definition I can get paid to prevent it. Smoky the Bear says, “Only you can prevent forest fires.”

I will show that money can too. Just give me some.

Big wildfires are going on in California in recent days. Many animals have been killed and just a few hours ago I heard of a human death.

I don't know if the deaths are due to heat or PM2.5. This is an opportunity for our California friends to do some computation of premature deaths and disease and publish a paper.

A Facebook friend of mine lost his California home to these fires. He has been working with Gold Standard Foundation, GACC, and Goldman Sachs to sell aDALYs as "a health product."  This is an opportunity for him to sell fire retardants and artificial rains in terms of aDALYs.

WHO published last year a report titled Burning Opportunity: Clean Household Energy for Health, Sustainable Development, and Wellbeing of Women and Children<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapps.who.int%2Firis%2Fbitstream%2F10665%2F204717%2F1%2F9789241565233_eng.pdf&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cb587bf8e2b3e441080a408d53e953898%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636483732969282634&sdata=QQybrwSYB58bcGs7O2HKacjFGKFuGG9bl0v35gdc17Q%3D&reserved=0>. Right on page 1 it claimed "1. A HEALTH CRISIS Household air pollution (HAP) is driving a global health emergency."

Too many boys and girls crying wolf.

I see a burning opportunity in these California fires. Jerry Brown could be held liable for millions of tons of GHG emissions; another burning opportunity.

Nikhil