[Stoves] Bangladesh TLUD (was Re: No subsidies in TLUD char peoduction

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Dec 9 02:55:21 CST 2017

Dear Friends

I am supporting Todd on that point. The POCA is a charcoal with preheated secondary air, also common to its derivatives in metal. How it is provided is unusual, possibly unique.

The Rocket Works stich-burning stoves (which are not designed using Larry Winiarsky's rules) have preheated secondary and tertiary air.

The KG4 stove has preheated secondary air that is passed through a thin section of coked fuel such that burning it cannot use all the air. This provides a high degree of preheating without passing the energy through a metal wall.

Ron:

Not quite correct.  Secondary combustion is possible with a rocket stove.  Our Survivor Rocket stove launched 5 years ago introduced preheated ventilation ductwork at launch.  In fact we only offer a primary & secondary combustion design rocket stove. Thats why our stove incorporates 360 degree ventilation through base of stove, tied to ventilation ductwork behind combustion chamber walls.  The double insulated walls allow preheated air to travel behind firebox and mix at chimney base, before exiting cooktop.  Others have also now added preheated channels and secondary gasification to rocket stoves.  It is not an inclusive to TLUD designs and can be adapted to any stove firebox.

[cid:ii_jaz0kpo72_1603a288c2889d3f]
SilverFire Rocket stove on left & Hunter Chimney TLUD stove on right.
​​
Todd Albi, SilverFire