[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Tue Dec 12 23:43:19 CST 2017

This is an interesting topic and one i have wondered about. When packing
hard a pipe with biomass then flushing with N2 then placing in an oven
to heat from the outside to a temperature to 550c a lot of gases come
out the small hole at the end.  That will ignite if the door is opened
and O2 contact. I have wondered if any heat is being produced in the
pipe itself? or all from external heat? If there is it can't be much
because the temperature advances at a continuous rate. Should you see
the temperature jump well above 550c its because air leaked in to the
furnace and there is a flame.

Frank