[Stoves] When Boiling Water may be a good proxy for cooking

tmiles at trmiles.com tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Dec 13 11:31:24 CST 2017

Nikhil,

We all know the potato story. Of more use to this group would be studies that  "Track households adopting clean and/or efficient cookstoves and fuels across all tiers for efficiency and emissions" (GACC). As I have commented before, there are too few impact studies of all aspects surrounding cooking devices, including stoves, retained heat cookers, and 3 stone fires. There are a few very good ones but not so many. Careful impact studies of 200 cookstove projects that have been in operation 5-10 years, or more, would be very useful to identify how cooking solutions suit family or community needs. Projects lasting that long should have adapted to local needs.

Tom