[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Dec 14 13:26:01 CST 2017

Dear Andrew

>> First, he said that he was unfamiliar with the term ‘migrating pyrolysis front’.

>Hooray so it is not in common use in the gasification world and is an appropriate description when referring to the sort of stoves we discuss here.

I am not sure if it appropriate given that 'in the gasification world' they use more precise terms for the regions in which distinct processes take place, as confirmed by Prof Lloyd.

Perhaps the gasification experts will merely consider the amateur discussions exactly that. I doubt they are moved much by our inclinations, particularly if they are inexact or confusing.