[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Thu Dec 14 13:52:37 CST 2017

Dear Crispin,

The TGA contains small buckets of biomass, purged with nitrogen and
heated to a temperature at a specified temperature and rate of increase.
The weight loss is plotted. How does it report "is a large spike in heat
released at 360 C." ? When I get a run-a-way temperature i still get a
very good char in the pipe, just not at the temperature I want.

I care not to re-visit spontaneous combustion but perhaps that the
reaction you refer to. That would include outside oxygen.

Regards

Frank