[Stoves] News: On-the-ground research reveals true impact of cook-stove emissions in India

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 10:01:38 CST 2017

On-the-ground research reveals true impact of *cook-stove* emissions in
India
<http://indiacsr.in/on-the-ground-research-reveals-true-impact-of-cook-stove-emissions-in-india/>.
India CSR Network blog, 15 December 2017

  "We conducted real-life cookstove tests and burned a wide variety of
biofuels, cooked different meals in a number of varying ventilation
situations, then *recorded the resulting emission levels* using high-tech
particle measurement devices.

Once the data was crunched back in St. Louis, the results were startling:
 In some cases, *more than twice the emission levels were detected when
compared to the previous lab findings*, revising what people thought they
knew for decades about this pervasive and dangerous problem."

I wonder what protocols and fuels were used, and also whether they only
measured emissions but also concentrations and tried to model the two.

Or whether the alleged "previous lab findings" are comparable or this
research team is just boasting.

I hope the revisions are not as shoddy as the history. What people thought
they knew was what they chose to or were instructed to believe.

Related press release at Engineers work to fight pollution at home, globally
<https://source.wustl.edu/2017/08/engineers-work-fight-pollution-home-globally/>,
Erika
Ebsworth-Goold  August 11, 2017. Haven't yet located the full paper.

Nikhil