[Stoves] "Those of us who believe that the WBT is critical to stove improvement"

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Sat Dec 16 12:02:00 CST 2017

Tom,

I am thinking the solution is setting up a program much like the
successful program the US Composting Council (USCC) has set up. Seed
money is first needed.

1) A University or organization is set up to certify labs They
round-robin labs 12 biomass samples a year for testing. They send out
several different types of stoves for testing.

2) Labs pay to get into and fund the certification program.

3) Customers send the labs their stoves for testing and pay the labs for
the tests. Results can be tabled to a list along with other stoves and
their test results for marketing.

4) Regulators, NGO and other purchasers of stoves -require- any stove
they purchase to be certified.

and around the circle the money goes....

Now we have a list of labs that use standard procedures and have proven
they can test stoves.

Compost program keeps going because there is always new compost needing
testing. With stoves I'm thinking there are always new fuels, different
stoves intended to burn them, and tasks to be done.

Regards

Frank

Gabilan Laboratory

Keith Day Company, Inc.