[Stoves] End of an era, start of a new?

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Dec 24 08:20:00 CST 2017

Teddy and list:   (cc Hedon Board)

	1.  Thanks for your note.  I agree with your word “sad”.  I have been a long time recipient of the print version, but never really involved.   So it took me some time to find the notice which is in the last paragraph of the page 1 intro to this (the 69th) edition of “Boiling Point” (my emphases):
	"We also have News pages with contributions from the University of Nottingham, the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, Greenpop (a South African NGO) and GIZ. Lastly, Boiling Point 69 will be the final publication by HEDON, Household Energy Network. We aptly end our journey with a positive theme focussed on cookstoves, a sector that has grown in recognition particularly over the last few years. The journal has been widely appreciated in our many years of publication, reaching readers in diverse countries all across the globe. The editorial team would like to say a hearty thank you to our readers, writers, volunteers, peer reviewers, and supporters. We hope that all of us will continue HEDON’s legacy of sharing and debating and learning from one another, to address the issues we still see for millions of underserved in the household and access to energy sector.”

	2.    To save time for others to read the full pdf version, here is what you need to do after using Teddy’s lead:  http://hedon.info/BP:Latest+Issue <http://hedon.info/BP:Latest+Issue> :
Do not try to click on “download PDF”. Instead hit the rightmost symbol in the next line  (the line above “Table of Contents”)

	3.   The above quote also uses the term “positive theme”.  That refers to the first article on the next page (p2) on “Enablers”.   I’ve just only skimmed this but it looks like much of what we have said on this list.  I am now sorry that have not paid as much attention as we should have to this fine publication.

	4.  Maybe someone reading this can see a way to have a 70th issue?

To be continued.  Again - thanks to Teddy.

Ron