[Stoves] LPG import in India

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 16:03:20 CST 2017

On 28 December 2017 at 19:34, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> The best use of this resource is to make charcoal from it and sell it to
> cover the costs of removal.

Even better if the energy from the pyrolysis offgas can be made use of.

I have seen large areas sprayed with dioxin to kill it – whole farms of it.
> Namibia is about the last place on earth where it is possible to apply
> agent orange. There are about 50,000 tons of it left and someone has to eat
> it….I guess…

Well yes but the intention was presumably to  spray it with synthetic
auxins,  to trigger unregulated growth in the angiosperms. These were 2,4,5
T  and 2,4 D in agent orange but it was a cheaply manufactured formulation
and the dioxin was an unintended high  contaminant of the mixture
(apparently there is always some dioxin produced in the synthesis but
agricultural formulations had much less). I had the job of applying 2,4,5,T
in my youth.

Andrew