[Stoves] Charcoal burning in stoves (was Re: LPG import in India

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 29 09:52:55 CST 2017

Neil,

On 12/28/2017 4:54 PM, neiltm at uwclub.net wrote:
> With very fine char such as the TLUDs produce, I re-use the mesh
> scavenged from other peoples discarded disposable BBQ trays doubled up
> across the grate to retain the fines.  Lit with a couple of sheets of
> newspaper, and an old computer fan to augment the draft, we are cooking
> in under a minute of striking the match.
I understand the grate and the char placement.   What are the walls like
in this charcoal burner?

What is the thickness of the char layer (because some air needs to be
able to pass upward through the char, riight?

Is the ignition paper under the grate?

How long wiill it burn (in relation to thickness of layer?   or to
weight?   or what else?)

Any other comments that might be useful???

The issue is "combustion of charcoal that is NOT lump and is somewhat
"fine" but not powder(?).

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com