[Stoves] CO2 drawdown (Re:Jock)

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Feb 4 18:46:46 CST 2017

Dear Cecil

How does the additional labour involved stack up against potential cash?

Jock posits, "If you are living in $2 per day, if making charcoal could double your income, and maybe even improve your kitchen garden..."

People living on $2 a day get a great deal on their livelihood from the local environment. What is the opportunity cost of the time taken to prepare fuel, load a batch burner, extinguish the char, do something agricultural with it like preparing balls of it to dose fertilise plants?

In a $2 a day economy a little charcoal isn't much even if you sell it as fuel.

From what I understand from Jock, the motivation is to repair a busted climate, everyone should do their part. I can't see how that char can ever have a value of say $1 if the opportunity cost is time that could be spent doing something else. 'using it' is also part of that opportunity cost‎.

Jock points out it is not economically viable (yet). Maybe the analysis by the cook Will not be economic ‎but gain/expense of time. People with a cash income of $2 per day don't usually live on that income, they live by investment of time.

Thanks