[Stoves] [Legacy Foundation] Brequets project Ngara

Stanley Richard rstanley at mind.net
Sat Feb 11 16:30:31 CST 2017

Hello Hilal,

We have had similar enquiries from Kagera and which you might want to follow up on.

Some are using the husk as is but ground up and mixed in with ag residues (charcoal fine, sawdust, leaves, grass straws etc):
In that case you’d need a hammer (posho) mill to reduce the size and open up hte husk itself.  Use a screen size of about 6mm (1/4” )dpwn to 4mm (~3/16ths “) dia.
as you would need the fibers exposed and able to flex so as ti interlock and eventually bind up the briquette.
Others are charring the husks and going on ot make char briquettes. In the latter case take a look at this group:
in which case I recommend you to the archives and discussion groups in the “stoves and biofuels network";
   <Stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
But probably as important is the Kagera discussion not so much for our contribution but for possible contacts in Tz. and regionally

Finally is a large discussion abou coffee cherry waste   and again it is rich with resrouces.. Note what eh dutch have been doing in Brazil towards the end of
 this artical :

In all this Hilal, we are very small fry We focus on mass employment and local capacity dvelopment many large numbers of small producers rathe than a centralised industry.
You will have need for far greater production capacity than we in far more sophisticated level, so all I can really do is wish you the best with what we have provided..If large scale local employment utilising the coffee waste is of interest however, pleas do write back for mreo details. We have several manuals on the process which are available through our website.
Bahati Mzuri and Kind regards
Richard Stanley

local briquettes made with coffee husk sawdus and selected fibrous leaves in Uganda, by  small teams of village level producers.

On Feb 9, 2