[Stoves] Canada assistanve to Haiti

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 12 07:16:07 CST 2017

Stovers,   With a copy to the Haiti desk at GACC, requesting a reply or
comment.

Press release from Canada about Haiti efforts, dated 8 Feb.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=index&crtr.page=1&nid=1186289

  Highlights:
> Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, today
> announced five development projects in Haiti.
FIVE!!!!!!   What are they?   Could one be for stoves?  Not clear in
this limited press release.   Maybe stoves is #6?

> Canada’s $91.2-million investment will increase women’s access to
> sexual and reproductive health, protect the rights of child workers,
> increase access to education and improve women’s and children’s access
> to legal services.

> Since 2010, Canada has provided more than $1.3 billion in
> international assistance to Haiti, including some $250 million in
> humanitarian assistance and $1.05 billion in development support.

Above shows that tens of millions of dollars for Canadaian sponsored
projects are well within the budget.  What precisely is the Canadaian
funding for cookstoves in  Haiti?  Will the GACC tell us?   With
Canadian Global Affairs tell us?  Who in Haiti knows about this?

Perhaps our Canadian and Haitian "Stovers" or others can get more info.
Why do we not know more about this?

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com