[Stoves] Canada assistanve to Haiti

Olivier Kolmel olivier at novotera.ca
Mon Feb 13 22:32:05 CST 2017

Hello Paul and Fellow Stovers,

In reference to;

*Canada has announced $91.2 million in development assistance funding for
five projects to improve health, child protection, job opportunities and
the justice sector in Haiti, especially for women, children and youth.*

Please see below for a breakdown of expenditures.

-
Olivier

*Pan American Health Organization - $40 million over four years*

Canada’s funding to the Pan American Health Organization will help to
increase the capacity of 45 of the country’s 59 hospitals across all of
Haiti’s departments to provide enhanced quality health services, including
greater access to quality sexual and reproductive health services for
women, postnatal care for mothers and their infants and emergency health
services for women and children under the age of five.

*Centre for International Cooperation in Health and Development - Phase II
- $20 million over four years*

Canada’s assistance will help to provide quality health services to more
than 146,000 women and 66,000 children under the age of five in Haiti’s
department of Artibonite. The Centre for International Cooperation in
Health and Development responds to women’s right to access sexual and
reproductive health services and provides health services for children
under the age of five. With Canada’s support, Phase II of this project will
extend support from five to eight districts in Artibonite.

*Lawyers Without Borders Canada - $18.2 million over five years *

Canada’s assistance will help to improve women’s and youths’ access to
justice in Haiti by improving the capacity of the justice sector to provide
quality legal services through equipment, training, coaching and support
for legal aid. This program will also help to fight corruption within the
justice sector by training and coaching lawyers defending cases related to
impunity and corruption and increasing the awareness of civil society
organizations and the general public of human rights and the struggle
against impunity and corruption.

*United Nations Children Fund - $11.9 million over five years*

In Haiti more than 400,000 children between the ages of 5 and 17 find
themselves working as domestics in homes under varying conditions. Canada’s
assistance will help to protect more than 20,000 child domestic workers
living in unacceptable circumstances by providing them with better living
conditions and greater access to education. This initiative includes
providing training to empower social and community workers to protect
children. It also includes informing more than 250,000 Haitians on the
issues surrounding child domestic work to explore long-term solutions.

*International Development Research Centre - $1.1 million over two years *

Canada’s funding will create job opportunities for young Haitian women in
the digital economy by providing them with the skills they need to meet
infrastructure shortages. The International Development Research Centre
will work with the École Supérieure d’Infotronique d’Haïti (higher school
of information technology of Haiti) in Port-au-Prince, the Latin America
and Caribbean Network Information Centre in Montevideo, Uruguay, and the
Caribbean Open Institute at the Mona School of Business & Management at the
University of the West Indies in Mona, Jamaica, to develop a set of
targeted courses and platforms to enhance the digital skills of young
Haitians, match youth with companies working in the digital economy and
perfect the skills of telecommunications engineers.

*--Olivier Kolmel*, T.Sc.A
PDG / CEO
*Novotera Inc.*
4884-A Melrose ave.
Montreal, (QC)  H3X 3P5 Canada

*Tel (Canada):+1.514.833.0973*
Tel (Vietnam): +84 (0)120 7761 424
Skype: okolmel
olivier at novotera.ca
www.novotera.ca

*Novotera is a Canadian-based social enterprise which develops and
distributes environmentally-friendly cookstoves and biochar products. With
a low-tech high impact approach, our mission is clean air, rich soils and
healthy lives!*

--
*Avis de confidentialité *: Le présent message et les documents qui
l’accompagnent peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles

*Privacy Notice :* This message and accompanying documents may contain
confidential information strictly for the intended recipients. Any
distribution or reproduction of this document or its contents is prohibited
without permission from the sender. If you received this transmission in
error, please contact the undersigned immediately and advise them of this
error.