[Stoves] Differences in stove testing

Ranyee Chiang rchiang at cleancookstoves.org
Tue Feb 14 21:36:57 CST 2017

Dear all,
The IWA meeting in the Hague was now 5 year ago, so I can see that it would be difficult to remember exactly what happened.  The issue of who provided input into the IWA is an important one, so I think it is important to correct misrepresentations of what happened.  During the IWA meeting, all the participants from about 20 countries went through the entire IWA draft line by line, word by word.  There were opportunities for people to exclude the Tiers at that time, but that was not raised by any of the participants.  The participants also developed resolutions which were reviewed and approved by all the participants at the end of the meeting.  The draft of the IWA was developed by mostly experts from the US.  There were also 3 webinars prior to the IWA meeting in the Hague to collect and integrate input from a wide group of stakeholders.  And then of course, during the IWA, participants were welcome to and did comment on every single part of the IWA.
It is still true that the current ISO process has more thorough than the IWA, but the process was not as Tami described in her e-mail.
Best regards,
Ranyee