[Stoves] Rebecca Vermeer sent you a video: "Cooking Performance of Eco-Kalan Tincan TLUD Stove"

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:37:06 CST 2017

Rebecca,

I agree with Ron that it is a very good video.  I am very glad to see
your accomplishments.

My comments are intended to be constructive.

1.  Your fire is a bit high.   That indicates some leakage of primary
air.   I suspect that it is where the can is sitting on the hollow
brick, not at the primary air entrance that you correctly cover with
sand.   Check all around.   Put sand around the base of the metal can.
You can also try moist sand.    Please let me know your results (because
I am still learning).

2.  Have you experimented with slighly smaller diameter of the
concentrator hole in the top of the metal can?

3.  Also, a few more inches of height between the concentrator top and
the bottom of the pot would allow for more time for more turbulence.

4.  Additional photos or videos from other angles and of the individual
part would be useful.

In general, fabulous work.   I suspect that you will find further ways
to improve the results.   Some ways will be beneficial. Others will be
good but not worth incorporating.

Looking forward to hearing more of your activities with TLUD combustion.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com